- Thanks to our small group size, we can get to the heart of our destination, visit places that other tours miss, and get to know the locals
- Walk through the lively Negombo Fish Market where fishing boats arrive with their catch of the day
- Travel to Minneriya National Park, one of the best places in Sri Lanka to view wild elephants
- Glimpse into the daily life of the Hiriwadunna people who welcome you with a home hosted lunch
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Polonnaruwa, where Kings ruled Sri Lanka over 800 years ago
- Tour the iconic Sigriya Rock Fortress dating back over 1500 years, rising from the central plains
- At the inspirational rock sanctuary of Dambulla, view golden temples, statues and wall paintings
- Tour the gold-roofed Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic, one of Sri Lanka’s most sacred sites
- In Kandy, dinner at the home of a local family with specially prepared Sri Lankan specialties
- Travel to the town of Nuwara Eliya in the center of Sri Lanka’s magnificent tea country
- Learn about the growing, harvesting and processing of “Ceylon” tea at a Tea Estate factory
- A Jeep Safari at Yala National Park highlights Sri Lanka’s astonishing wildlife and stunning landscapes
- Tour the colonial town of Galle, with its historic fort built in the 1500s by the Portuguese
- Enjoy a scenic cruise along the Madu River, passing dozens of islets forested with mangroves
Is This Trip Right for You?
This is an active trip featuring some tours that include uneven, moderate to difficult terrain. Expect from two to three hours walking on some touring days. Safari activities will be conducted in small safari vehicles on roads that are often rough and bumpy, and wildlife sightings cannot be guaranteed. This tour is not recommended for people who have difficulty walking. This is a Small Group program.